Sunday 24 February 2013

My Top 10 Favourite Food

10 - My Top 10 Favourite Food

"Write the names of ten things you like to eat. Describe them."

     When I eat food, I tend to savour its taste or flavour. I don't usually just munch it down and swallow like what some people do. I enjoy what taste the food has to give me. I mean, isn't that what cooking is all about? Playing around with the food's flavour, making it something new. What's the point of adding seasoning if you're not going to take the time to taste your food? I eat slow, because I like to taste my food. A lot of people don't realize that about me, but now you do since I've just told you.

     Anyway, I have made a list of my top ten favourite food. I like these foods mostly because of the taste, but I have my other reasons too which I will explain as we go on. This is probably not the healthiest list of meals but I did say that this is going to be a list of my "favourites", and usually one's favourites are never the healthiest of kinds.. usually. So, we're going to start form number ten then descend to the first.


10. Tempura 

These are the ones from Mann Hann
This is basically deep fried prawns and is usually accompanied with a dip (I'm not sure what it's called though). The best place where I like to eat Tempura would be at Mann Hann. You can find one at Mall of Asia (MOA) or at SM Megamall, but I think you can find some in other places too. Those two malls are just the usual places where I go to.
I really love seafood which is why I love Tempura too. It's so crunchy and "prawny", I don't know, I like how it tastes. Especially with the dip (which I still don't know the name of).


9. Kimbap (Korean Sushi Rolls)


When I was in high school, I befriended some Koreans namely, Chloe and Cecilia (those are their English names). They became some of my closest friends and they also introduced me to some dishes native to their country. One would be Kimbap, which is basically their version of Sushi, however, nowadays you can put in any type of fillings you would like. So it kinda evolved to being more like a sandwich that looks like Sushi. That's one way to put it at least. If  you guys are interested in making some then check out this website for the recipe on Korean Sushi Rolls (Kimbap).

8. Ramyun

Another food which my Korean friends introduced to me was Ramyun. It's actually instant noodles but you could probably make it traditionally as well. However, I don't really know how to make it from scratch so I just cook the instant noodles instead. It still tastes good for me. I really enjoy how it's so spicy but still kind of sweet in my mouth. I should also mention that I really love spicy food too. The way it burns my tongue while being so savoury is just awesome. Although, some Ramyun noodles are also not spicy, but I prefer them spicy. It tastes better for me.

7. Myeolchibokkeum (Dried anchovy side dish)

Here's one more dish my Kroean friends made me try, it's dried anchovies. I like the ones that they make because it tastes either sweet, spicy or even both. It's just so good. Every time one of my friends would pack some for lunch I would always ask for some because I could never get enough of it. If you guys want to try it out then check out this link for the recipe.

6. Pizza

Ah, pizza, one could never get enough of it. Unless the ingredients used would make it heavy in your stomach which would make you feel very full, then I guess you would have had enough. Anyway, I love eating pizza but it depends on how it was made. I kinda like it when it has a thick crust rather than a thin one. Like the ones at Pizza Hut; their pizzas are really good. I also like it when it's loaded with meat because I'm a carnivore. I like to eat pizzas at Sbarro because they have all sorts of pizzas there. They seem to be more adventurous with the toppings, so they come up with the most delicious dishes there. You should try eating there sometime. One slice of their pizza would make you feel stuffed.

5. Cupcakes

Who doesn't love cupcakes? They are like mini versions of cakes except, this time, you can overload them with as much frosting as you want and it will still taste amazing. I love desserts and I will definitely place cupcakes in that list. If I were to think about which flavour I like the most, it would probably be Red Velvet. I just like how it tastes so sweet and how it looks so red. I mean, I like chocolate flavoured ones but I don't always get to eat Red Velvet cupcakes, so I guess that's why I like them so much.

4. Apple Pie

I love apples. For me, they're the best fruit. So what better way is there to eat them than by turning them into pie? Now that's like rolling two delicious things into one dish.
My boyfriend made me home-made apple pie once. It was delicious. I loved it so much that I wished I didn't have to share it with my dad, but unfortunately, he is also a big fan of apple pies so I had to give him around 1/4 of it. I'm hoping that the next time my boyfriend makes some more, I won't have to share it. Because It's so good. (You can't have any either, reader).

3. Crab

This was the best picture I could find.
The ones on the right are my favourite.

Of all the seafood that I love to eat, crabs would definitely top that list. For me, crabs are the best. I love the way my mother cooks it. We have to eat it with our hands though, but it is worth it since it's so savoury. Especially when she makes it spicy. I love that. Also, I feel like eating it with your hands, like breaking it apart and reaching in for the meat, makes it taste even better since you would have to work your way to get the good stuff. I'm sure that some of you would think, "why would I have to work hard just to eat my food?", well, you're missing out on a lot. It makes me appreciate the food that God gives me more. Besides, those crab sticks that you can buy ready-made and packed in the groceries just aren't the same. Fresh is always the best.

2. Chocolate

Yes, I am a chocoholic. Guilty! But I can't help it. It just tastes so awesome. If I were to narrow down what kind of chocolate do I like the most though, I would say "the ones that look like shells" or "shell chocolates". Why? Because they remind me of my childhood (and they taste amazing too). When I was a kid, sometimes, my mother would buy those shell chocolates and we would share them with my dad and younger sister. That would always be how I would depict those moments whenever I would think about "shell chocolates". It's like a moment of togetherness or bonding. We don't do that any more, which is why I appreciate those memories these chocolates always remind me of. However, it is so difficult to find them. I almost never see them whenever I go to groceries. So I don't always get to eat them any more either. They're like a rare thing.

1. Ice Cream

Look at that delicious delicacy hand-crafted by angels!
Finally, my number one on my favourites list is ice cream. My favourite flavour would be vanilla. I like how it's so sweet and plain I guess. But, sometimes, anything with vanilla would do, actually. Like Cookies n' Cream, or the ones by Selecta that's got Hershey's Kisses in them. So, if I think about it, vanilla would be my favourite. Chocolate being my strong second. But I love it when you mix them together. They make an awesome combination. Man, I'm complicated. It's hard to explain.
Anyway, I eat ice cream whenever I feel sad or depressed because it helps lighten up my mood. I always refer to it as my cure for sadness. I'm pretty sure it can work for other people too, depending on how bad the problem is. However, if you're lactose-intolerant, then you should look for another solution.

     So, did you realize that my tenth post is about my ten favourite food? It's a weird coincidence. Really, I only realized it while I was writing this down. Anyway, I hope that you all found this very informative. Go and enjoy your day by tasting foods you haven't tried before, you just might find a new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment