Thursday 14 February 2013

Warm Embrace

9 - Warm Embrace

"Poem"

Alone, I seek his warm embrace.
One that envelopes me as if it will never let me go.
One that will save me from when I feel as if every one is against me.
One that tells me that he will never leave me.

For in his arms, I feel at home.
I feel like nothing can hurt me.
I feel like it can protect me,
From the world and the judgement around me.

There is no other like it,
For his is what I dreamed it to be.
He could hold me forever and I would love it.
For how could I possibly tire from being in his embrace?

I could never trade it for anything else,
For there is nothing that can replace it.
The comfort, warmth, protection it gives,
How could all these be found in one gesture?

When he is not present, it is all that I crave for.
His warm embrace during the cold nights.
I only wish that I could return the favour,
By giving him my embrace in hopes that he feels the same.


     So, yeah, we were asked to make a poem for class today, inspired by one of our past blog entries, and I chose my blog post entitled "In His Arms" for reference I guess. We found out that poems don't necessarily have to rhyme so this was a bit easier to make. However, I always did have a difficult time making metaphors and such. Anyway, enjoy the poem. I hope some of you guys can relate to this. Have a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment