Thursday 4 April 2013

Let's Play Role-Play

15 - Let's Play Role-Play

"What did you like most to do when you were in elementary school?"


     Remember those childhood days when we felt so carefree and playing was the most significant thing we would do every day? I was very fond of playing games, especially at school because that’s where most of my best friends were. I wasn’t really into studying at all. In fact, I’m not even sure how my grades were back then. I have a feeling they were not really good, but I didn’t really care that much just as long as I could hang out with my friends. That’s just how carefree I was back then.

     My friends and I played a lot of games, like tag, hide and seek, etc. There was also this one game which we always enjoyed and that was role-playing. We used to pretend to be our favourite characters, mostly ones from television, and we would try to copy what they would do. I remember that we used to pretend to be Pokemon as well. It was a lot of fun. Sometimes, I would draw my own made-up characters, and I would ask my friends to pick which one they would want to be. It’s kind of funny when I look back and think about it. When I was in 5th grade though, that evolved to creating my own fan fictions about my favourite cartoon series, like Xiaolin Showdown. What my friend and I did was study how the cartoon was drawn and make cartoon versions of ourselves, so that we could incorporate ourselves into our fan fiction. It was also a lot of fun. I also remember that I made some comics about Sonic the Hedgehog but I lost it. We created our own characters and I also added them to the comic.

     As you can tell, I have a very good imagination which is great since it helps me develop a creative mind. Today, I use that creativity, especially in my studies since I am taking Multimedia Arts. Looking back, I guess I could see how I got to where I am now, and I think that’s pretty amazing. I never thought that such hobbies would affect the course of my future. I mean, I tried acting in a play and it actually turned out great. I guess playing all those role-playing games paid off in some way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment