Sunday 31 March 2013

How I Am Going to Spend My Vacation

12 - How I Am Going to Spend My Vacation

"My plans for the summer"

     Once again, we've reached this time of the year, summer. I'm sure that, by now, every one must have already planned out how they're going to spend their long-awaited vacation. I'm also sure that majority of you guys are probably planning to go somewhere out of town, like the beach or the province. I, on the other hand, have a feeling that I'm going to spend my vacation at home. I have a month to relax before the next school year will start, and, unlike most people, I'm staying in the shelter of what's feeling more and more like jail. I mean, we would be able to go to malls and other places, but it's not like staying overnight at some place out of town. Furthermore, I would really enjoy being able to go to places like the beach since we don't always get to go there. However, my parents are having issues about travelling to these kinds of places, so it looks like we're not going anywhere. But do not fret for I haven't lost all hope on making this vacation the best I can make it. I have thought about it and realized that there are still some things I can do at home and enjoy.

     One is that I can paint. Recently, I have been polishing my painting skills and I'm loving it in the process. I feel so free and have a lot of fun when I paint. It kind of makes me wish I didn't have to stop and wait for it to dry before I can work on the next layer (when I'm using oil paint), especially when I'm in my "painting zone". I just want to keep painting till I'm satisfied with the result. Hopefully, I will get more into my painting zone this summer, so that I'll be able to make as much paintings as I can. I also want to sell some, so that I can earn some cash. I don't really want to leech off of my parents all the time. So, I'm thinking I should probably do something this summer, and, so far, painting is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have some other ideas on how I can make some money later.


This is from the game, Sacra Terra: Angelic Night
     Another thing I plan to do is play computer games with my little sister. It's kind of what we do every summer actually. We play games which we both enjoy, like Virtual Villagers and hidden object kind of games. We usually play the ones from Big Fish Games; I like some of their detective and horror themed hidden object games. If you're wondering why we play hidden object games instead of two-player games, it's because, we argue a lot when we play two-player games, and I like taking control of the mouse. I don't know why but I do, when it's with her. I'll just say it's because I'm older. So, in order for everyone to be happy, we play hidden object games since I can control the mouse while she can still be satisfied with trying to search for the stuff we're looking for. It's a win-win situation. Plus, I let her pick which game we'll play too, so that it's really fair. Happy?

     I also plan on catching up on some television shows, like How I Met Your Mother. So far, I've only finished the first season because, college never ceases to keep me busy from doing anything fun. Hopefully, this time I'll have enough free time to finish all the seasons. I am also planning to watch The Walking Dead, since most of my friends watch the series and say that's it's really awesome. I just hope I'll be able to catch up to them, if that's ever possible. I will also await the release of weekly upcoming episodes to some shows, like Hunter x Hunter (2011), and Adventure Time, which I am a very big fan of, just so you know.

     Let see, what else? Exercise... That's a very tentative subject. I guess, I will try to do some jogging in the evening. Because if there's one thing about summer, it's that my junk food intake increases dramatically, due to boredom. I am more aware of how my stomach feels when I have nothing to do, or to put it simply, I eat when I'm bored. So, I feel like, in order to prevent myself from getting fat, I should probably do some exercise. Why is this plan tentative? That's because once I get there, I end up being too lazy to do it. So I'm also looking for something that's going to motivate me enough to do it. So far, doing it for my boyfriend is all I can think of, but I think that's enough to make me do it, hopefully. Wish me luck!

     Another thing I am going to do is play the piano. I haven't been playing it in a while now, so I'm planning to practice again. I just want to learn some pieces really. Like this song called, My Freeze Ray, which was sung by Neil Patrick Harris in Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. It's a movie, I think, which I watched on Youtube. It's a short song but I want to learn it on the piano, mainly for my boyfriend. You should listen to it; it's kind of cute actually. Besides that, I'm going to "try" to compose some songs. We'll see if that works out.



     Finally, I also plan to spend as much time as I can with my boyfriend within the first 10 days of my vacation, because he'll be going home to the province for the whole month of May. This will actually be our first summer together, at least for a week, so I don't really want to waste it. I don't think we'll be able to be together every day of that week though, but as long as we could spend some days together, then that would suffice. I wouldn't really care where we would spend our time together either. Being with him is what matters after all.

     Honestly, I don't actually think that I will be able to accomplish everything on this list. I might end up spending most of my days sitting in front of my laptop and idling away my time browsing Facebook or 9gag. However, I will definitely make an effort to accomplish as much as I can. Laziness is a cunning adversary but it can still be defeated with the power of motivation and action. You will never get anything done if you just sit around all day anyway. By the way, if you are some one who's going to spend his/her vacation cooped up at home, then I hope this has given you some ideas on how to enjoy your summer.

1 comment:

  1. hi kim :D i am so not the little sister you are talking about :D xD

    ReplyDelete