Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Beach

1 - The Beach

"Describe a day at the beach."

     The beach, a place where every one wishes to be during the busiest times of the year. A place where one can forget about his work and just enjoy basking in the sunlight while hearing the roar of the waves as it crashes unto the shores. A place that one would use to symbolize peace and relaxation. Every hard working man and woman wishes to be there. Even the children who are tired of being in school. How can one resist the temptation of being able to relax and enjoy what Mother Nature has blessed the shores of our beautiful country? Especially since I make it sound like a haven for restless people.

     I find the beach to be a truly relaxing place to be. I mean, being miles and miles away from the city, its smog, its trucks and cars, and its people, is just what I need sometimes. It's probably why we imagine the beach to be such a peaceful place to be in. If I was at the beach, I'd start my day by enjoying the view of the big blue ocean, and enjoy feeling the sand beneath my feet. Then, I'd hurry to the ocean for a swim, which would last almost the whole afternoon. It is such a wonderful place to swim in after all. I just love looking down at the ocean floor, seeing the seaweed sway from side to side, as I try to look for tiny fishes. It gives me this sense of serenity. As if, for that moment, there's nothing to do but to enjoy the beauty of it all. It's one of the things that I love about nature. Afterwards, I would also engage in building sand castles. I find it to be a very enjoyable activity since I can use my creativity. I'm not very good at it however, but it's still fun to do either way. Then, when the sun finally sets, I would sit on the sand and watch it as it slowly descends, because who doesn't enjoy a sunset? Finally, after enjoying some barbecued seafood for dinner, I would lie on the sand and observe the stars, since they aren't very visible when you're in the city.

     I wish I could be at the beach everyday, but I guess, if I did, I wouldn't find it to be as relaxing as it was at first since I would get used to being in that kind of environment. And if that happens, I would soon tire of being there. What a shame that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. However, that's the way life is. Paradise doesn't last forever. Which is why we should appreciate the times that we'll get to spend in these kinds of places. Since, we can't always have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment