Saturday 19 January 2013

Making New Friends

3 - Making New Friends

"Write about moving to another city."

     Moving to another city is not usually a comfortable idea. Especially since it takes time before we learn to get accommodated to the new environment. Besides getting used to the location of your new home, you wouldn't be able to see familiar faces, so you would have to meet new ones. Now, I don't mean that to be a bad thing. It is good to meet new people. However, it isn't easy for some people to make new friends. Not everyone is gifted with the ability to be able to make friends instantly. There are some who can be very shy.

     When I moved from Mandaluyong to Parañaque city, it didn't take me too long before I got used to living at our new home. However, I had a very difficult time trying to make new friends. I'm a very shy person so I don't normally talk to random people I see walking on the street. But I did like to go around on my bicycle because I wanted to know the area. It was due to this that I was able to make a friend. She was a friendly character, so she was the one who approached me first, really. She also lived on a street not too far from ours, so it wasn't difficult to meet her everyday. However, our friendship only lasted for about a year or so because she had to move away to another city. We didn't keep in touch since we were still children and we weren't into using e-mails or social networking sites like now. Though, it was fun while it lasted. After my friend moved out, I wasn't able to make another friend. Unfortunately, I feel like not all the people here are as friendly as she is and since I have a difficult time approaching other people, I don't make any friends. So, I just stay home.

     Though I haven't any friends here, where I live, I still have the ones at school. So life is still bearable and entertaining. I could always connect with them through the internet when we all return to our homes. But, sometimes, I miss having a friend who would just live down the street. It's nice to be able to visit them whenever you could. Luckily, however, I have some one who I enjoy spending time with, so I don't feel lonely. He may not live as near as I wish he could, but it's near enough. And I'm content with that. So, if there's a message that I could share with you it's that, you may not be able to find a friend nearby, but you can always find friends in other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment